Who must obtain an OPUS photo ID card
- First year secondary school students
- Third year secondary school students
- First year cégep students
- University Laval students (LPU)
- Students at adult education centers or professional training centers
- Students transferring schools
How to obtain an OPUS photo ID card?
Secondary School Students
Check with your school for procedures to obtain your OPUS photo ID card.
Go to a RTC service counter or information center to obtain OPUS photos ID card.
This service is offered at the following institutions:
- Cégep Limoilou
- Cégep de Sainte-Foy
- Cégep Garneau
New! Students from Cégep Limoilou and CEGEP Champlain – St. Lawrence, you can order your OPUS card via Omnivox right now. Visit your school's website for details.
New! Full-time students from Université Laval, you must consent to the sending of your personal information to obtain your Laissez-passer universitaire (LPU). Check out all the information on the Université Laval website.
Before heading to a center, make sure you have:
- official photo ID indicating your date of birth (e.g.: passport, driver’s license)
- $15 ($6 to produce the card and $9 to issue the status).
Student status is valid until expiration date of your card or until you are 19 years old.
OPUS Student cards are valid 4 years.
Université Laval Students
Find out more about the Laissez-passer universitaire, offered to full-time students at Université Laval. This pass gives unlimited number of rides on the RTC and StLévis networks during fall and winter semesters. See all details on Université Laval website.
Reminder on using an OPUS photo ID card
- You must present your OPUS photo ID card to the driver every time you board the bus.
- A pass obtained at the Student rate on an OPUS card is non-transferable. An OPUS photo ID card on which a reduced rate pass has been loaded cannot be used by anyone but the card owner.
- As a precaution in the event your OPUS card is damaged, always carry enough money with you to pay your fare.