Only individuals with disabilities that greatly compromise their mobility are eligible for this service. The eligibility policy defines these criteria and describes the procedure for processing applications.
Any person meeting the following two requirements is eligible:
- Individuals with a disability (i.e., anyone with a deficiency causing a significant and persistent disability, who is liable to encounter barriers in performing everyday activities).
- Individuals with mobility limitations that justify the use of paratransit services. Only the following disabilities shall be considered for eligibility purposes:
- Inability to to walk 400 meters on even ground
- Inability to climb up a 35 cm step with support or to climb down such a step without support
- Inability to carry out an entire trip using regular public transit
- Inability to keep track of time or find their bearing
- Inability to manage situations or behavior that could compromise their own safety or that of others
- Inability to communicate verbally or through gestures. However, this limitation alone does not qualify the applicant for paratransit eligibility.
Reserve your trip
- Online (French only)
- Telephone: 418 687-2641, option 0
- Fax: 418 687-6320
Instructions for persons wishing to apply for eligibility for paratransit service:
- Print the Application for Paratransit Eligibility (PDF, 2.94 MB) (French only) or contact the STAC by telephone at 418-687-2641, option 3 to order a copy.
Send the completed form
2750, boul. Wilfrid-Hamel
Québec City, Québec G1P 2J1
Télécopieur: 418 687-6320
- Fax: 418-687-5961
- Email: email@example.com
A guide is available to help health care, education, and social service professionals fill out the eligibility application form (PDF, 229 KB) (French only). The STAC eligibility committee will review your application and inform you of its decision.
Persons declared eligible by the STAC are issued a card with an individual user number.
Each application must be reviewed by the eligibility committee, which meets once a month. This tripartite committee represents the transit authority, people with disabilities, and the health and social services network. Each decision is made in accordance with the Paratransit Eligibility Policy issued by Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l'Électrification des transports du Québec.
If you live outside of the territory served by RTC and wish to use this service
Anyone who is admitted to a Quebec paratransit organization can use STAC services as a visitor. If you are not registered for a paratransit service or come from outside Quebec, you can still take advantage of our services if you use a wheelchair.
To travel within the territory served by STAC, the visiting customer must first request a file be opened for them with STAC.