What is Student+ status?
Student+ status provides reduced rates on some RTC passes (monthly Student+ and 5-day passes). If you meet the requirements, you’ll receive an OPUS photo ID card loaded with your Student+ status.
- OPUS photo ID cards are valid for four years, but your Student+ status must be renewed by September 30 each year.
- You must present your OPUS photo ID card to the driver every time you board the bus.
- An OPUS photo ID card loaded with a reduced rate pass cannot be used by anyone other than the card owner.
A Student+ OPUS photo ID card is not required if you pay with a ticket because there are no reduced fares for tickets.
Who is eligible for Student+ status?
Student+ status is granted to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Age 19 or older on September 30 of the current academic year
- Full-time student at an institution recognized by Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MELS)
List of recognized institutions – MELS website
How to obtain and renew Student+ status
The steps for obtaining a Student+ OPUS card depends on where your educational institution is located: