Hours of operation
- Monday to Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Reserve by no later than 6 p.m. the day before
If you call after 6 p.m., you will not be able to travel until 6 p.m. the following day.
You have until 10 a.m. to make reservations for trips between 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. the same day.
Reserve your trip
Online (French only)
Telephone: 418 687-2641, ext. 0
Fax: 418 687-6320
How to reserve
Our online service lets you
- Reserve occasional trips
- Consult your customer record
- View your trip requests for the next 7 days
- Cancel an occasional trip
- User number
- Password (enter the letters “stac” followed by the 8 numbers corresponding to your date of birth [day/month/year].
Example: If your date of birth is January 25, 1975, your password will be “stac25011975”).
Important: You must change your password to a safer one on your first visit.
Watch the demonstration video (French only)
Fill in the appropriate reservation form
Fax reservation form (PDF, 28.7 KB) (French only)
STAC fax number: 418-687-6320
STAC will return the form by fax to confirm your trip times.
418-687-2641, option 0
- User number
- Payment method
- Trip date
- Address of departure point and point of return (if different)
- Desired arrival time at destination
- Address of destination
- Desired departure time for return trip
- Mobility aid used (e.g., cane, 4-wheel scooter, manual wheelchair, etc.)
- Presence of an attendant and method of payment, if applicable
- Presence of guide dog, service dog, or any other animal, if applicable
- Be ready to go at the appointed time. (e.g., if your trip has been confirmed for 1 p.m., a vehicle will be by to pick you up between 1 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.).
- As part of our efforts to optimize all trip requests, an STAC representative may inform you that a change has been made to your reservation time.
- If you cannot be easily reached by phone, it is your responsibility to contact STAC to confirm the exact time of your trips.
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Journée nationale des patriotes
- Fête nationale (June 24)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Labour Day
- Holidays (December 24 to January 4)
- If a public holiday lands on a weekend, it is automatically moved to the nearest business day.
- If the public holiday is on a Saturday, the Friday before is considered the holiday.
- If the public holiday is on a Sunday, the Monday after is considered the holiday.
What is metropolitan paratansit?
Metropolitan paratransit is a trip that starts from a territory covered by STAC services to a territory within the Communauté métropolitaine de Québec (CMQ). Example : if you want to go to Lévis and back, STAC will plan your return journey.
How far can STAC take me?
STAC vehicles travel to the following areas :
- Jacques-Cartier RCM
- Côte-de-Beaupré RCM
- Île d'Orléans RCM
STAC will consider requests for travel to locations outside these areas. As with all its services, STAC will respond to the best of its abilities.
For specific information on the areas served, contact the STAC reservation center at 418-687-2641, option 0.
How do I make a reservation for STAC metropolitan paratransit?
1. Call STAC at 418-687-2641, option 0 to make a reservation at least 48 hours in advance.
2. State that you want to request a metropolitan journey. Have your destination's address on hand, including municipality and street name, and number. You can also reserve your return trip. Please note : metropolitan paratransit is provided according to availability.
3. STAC will call you to confirm your trip the day before. If you cancel your trip, please notify STAC as soon as possible.
How do I reserve a trip to somewhere outside of the area served by STAC?
As with other territories in Quebec, you can travel within the CMQ territory you are visiting.
To make a reservation
Contact the paratransit service that covers the territory to which you are going at leeast a few days ahead of time to register. Example : You are visiting Château-Richer and you want to go to a restaurant. Once you have registered with the Côte-de-Beaupré paratransit (PLUMobile), you can travel according to the service conditions in effect.
How much is fare on metropolitan paratransit?
As with regular transit, you can pay with a pass, ticket or exact change. You must also give the driver an additional $1.25 in exact change for each metropolitan paratransit ride.
A different case : the Québec-Lévis ferry
Ferry service could be offered for trips to and from Lévis. STAC could make arrangements for return trips with Société de transport de Lévis (STLévis) and Société des traversiers du Québec. STAC would drop you off at the ferry station, where someone frome Société des traversiers du Québec would assign you a place giving you access to the services provided on board. STLévis would handle your travel on their territory. You would only have to pay STAC (both ways) according to the rates in effet for metropolitan fares. You would not have to pay for a ferry ticket or STLévis fares.