STAC offers a new way to buy transit passes! Virtual monthly passes are now available.
What is it?
- Virtual monthly passes let you use STAC services without having to present a pass to the driver.
- These passes are virtual and prepaid.
- Saves you the hassle of having to visit a point of sale every month to purchase a monthly pass.
- When you prepay for your monthly passes, you can sign up for as many months as you wish.
- Valid for all STAC customers: Senior, 18 and under, Student +, General.
- Valid only for STAC and non-transferable.
How to register
- Prepare a cheque dated for the first day of the month for which you want to register and indicate the amount of the monthly pass based on the fares in effect.
- Make the cheque payable to STAC.
- On the back of the cheque, write your name, user number, complete address, and the month for which you want to register.
- Send your cheque by mail to:
2750, boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel
Québec City, Québec G1P 2J1
- This purchasing option is only available for monthly passes and ÉtéBUS (new pass).
- Cheques must be received by STAC at least 5 business days before the start of the desired month of registration.
- One cheque per user. STAC will not accept cheques covering payments for multiple users.
- A receipt will be sent with each registration for tax purposes. Be sure to keep these receipts.
Specific information for Students
18 and under category
- You do not need to provide proof of enrollment.
- You can get a virtual monthly/ÉtéBUS pass for next July and August. Send STAC a cheque for $70.25 and indicate “ÉtéBUS” on the cheque (see the procedure description above).
Student + category (19 and over)
- You must provide proof of school enrollment at the start of every academic year (no later than September 30 of every year).
- If you have any questions about this new purchase option, contact the STAC call center at 418-687-2641, option 0.